Apollo 12 - Naked in space

Qualcuno sicuramente ricorderà che nell’episodio dedicato alla missione Apollo 12 della serie HBO “Dalla Terra alla Luna” viene mostrata una scena, peraltro molto divertente, in cui il Comandante Pete Conrad ed Alan Bean sarebbero rientrati nel Modulo di Comando, dopo l’esplorazione lunare, totalmente nudi . . . !
Non ne ho trovato traccia nelle trascrizioni della missione. Forse durante un’intervista è stata fatta qualche dichiarazione al riguardo ?
Avete riscontri su questo episodio o si tratta di semplice opera di fantasia degli sceneggiatori ?

Tutto vero.

http://www.dickgordon.com/ApolloXII-7.shtml

Prova anche a cercare tra le trascrizioni dei Voice Recorder: al link trovi sia le trascrizioni del Voice Recorder del Modulo di Comando che quelle del Modulo Lunare. Tra le due sicuramente qualcosa ci sarà.

Equipaggio di matti!

L’episodio è narrato così in Rocket Man. Astronaut Pete Conrad’s incredible ride to the Moon and beyond pubblicato nel 2005 da Nancy Conrad (la seconda moglie dell’astronauta) e Howard Klausner. Il testo è basato su appunti e registrazioni fatte prima della morte di Conrad, quindi, anche se non di prima mano, il racconto potrebbe essere attendibile. Cito dal cap. 37.

The reunion joy on the Yankee Clipper lasted for about two seconds. Dick Gordon took one look at the two Pigpens on the other side of the docking hatch—in a cloud of lunar dust, no less!—and slammed it back.
“Dick, what the hell?!”
“You’re not coming in my ship like that, Pete.”
He wasn’t being an orbiting Felix Unger; he was right. NASA had sealed and launched the Yankee Clipper from a near-sterile clean room for a reason. Dirt particles clog filters and shut down the airflow process, which is a bad thing a quarter million miles from landing.
“Strip down.”
“Say what?”
“You heard me, Commander. Get out of those suits and you can come in.” And so they did. The crew of lunar module Intrepid weightlessly re-boarded the command module naked as jaybirds, giggling like they were skinny-dipping in the community pool at two A.M. Even the usually poker-faced Gordon couldn’t help but laugh at the ridiculous sight of two astronauts, great galactic explorers, heroes to all the world, floating into his cockpit in their birthday suits in zero gravity.
“So picture this,” said a laughing Pete. “Something really bad happens right now, and we’re done. And somebody finds us a thousand years from now. Just like this. What do they conclude?”
“That I’m a sick and lonely man,” answered Gordon, the only clothed one at the moment, “and I went to a lot of trouble and expense for some privacy.”
By the third orbit, everybody was dressed and ready for separation. […]