Good Food

Every Tuesday here we cook Italian food!

I’ve got to admit yall have some damn good food! From noodles to chicken to sauces. Good stuff! I’m told the Americanized versions do not nearly have the amount of flavor the originals do so I can only imagine what the food is like in Italy.

spaghetti with vodka sauce (good spaghetti sauce with a hint of vodka flavor) and garlic bread is always worth the wait.

So what kinds of Italian food do yall like?

1 Mi Piace
spaghetti with vodka sauce (good spaghetti sauce with a hint of vodka flavor) and garlic bread is always worth the wait.

:scream: :scream: :smiley:

Hi.
Vodka sauce?!
Let me tell you, there ain’t no such thing in the whole italian cuisine.

I’ve been travelling a little, not much, but enough to realize that italian food abroad is often idealized and even more often distorted.
I guess we do the same with foreign food, but since we have ours that is so great, we don’t mess much with others :smiley:

Jokes aside, I think you should come here and see for yourself what’s real italian food.
You might as well find an italian restaurand run by italians and ask to have plain italian food, without “corrections”.

Let us know :smiley:

Ammesso che Zac non sia un connazionale a cui ha dato fastidio il caldo… (bella risposta Archer, però!): siamo davvero off topic… :wink:
Gli spaghetti alla Vodka ! La bistecca ‘alla parmigiana’ (improbabile piatto pseudoitaliano di gran successo negli Usa), I sughi di carne con polpette ipertrofiche, e tante altre belle porcherie… Poi arrivano in Italia e, sulle prime, ci rimangono male… classico.

Salute e Latinum per tutti !

http://www.newmansown.com/product_detail.cfm?cat_id=3&prod_id=31

Ya thats what im talkin about.

I will go and try that idea eventually.

1 Mi Piace

:wink: :wink: :wink: [/img]

1 Mi Piace

Hi Zachstar,

I’m writing from Naples, one of the best known places of all over Italy for food :smiley:/ , anyway I’ve still ever found in Italy one place where you don’t eat good, especially considering that italian cuisine is variable from place to place (for example French cuisine is good but you find almost the same dishes all over France).

Neapolitan tipical dishes are: spaghetti with tomato sauce (no vodka at all!!!), pizza (it was born in Naples, and it is cooked exclusively whit wooden hooven), parmigiana di melanzane (aubergine alla parmigiana, but whitout meal), several kind of fishes and muscles cooked, stuffed or grilled. Typical cakes are babà (drowned with rhum), sfogliatelle (fresh cheese cakes) and pastiera (typical Easter cake). But this only a little “taste” of Italian cuisine of course you have to try it…but in Italy!! :smiley:

Yep!
Dear Zachstar, I’m afraid that most of the dishes sold as “Italian cousine” are just a fake :smiley:
Italian cousine is very simple, and made up with real Italian flavors. No Vodka at all.
Also sauce is suspect. Here we do not use too much sauce; and when we use them, they’re very often imported from our French cousins :roll_eyes:

My wife is from Sicily, and so in my family I can taste a good mix of various italian cousine.
Southern Italy is expecially famous (well deserved guys) for sweets and cakes. In my own case i talk about Cannoli, Panzerotti, Granita siciliana.

Purtroppo buona parte degli Italian-American restaurants preferisce proporre piatti “modificati”: più speziati, più saporiti, insomma più “adatti” al pubblico americano…

Sti spaghetti alla vodka (che tutti i newyorkesi conoscono) sono un esempio di specialità autoctona degli italians-americans… bha!

La fortuna della nostra cucina è che spazia tra migliaia di piatti, sorti all’ombra di ogni campanile e realtà locale… solo chi è stato veramente in italia lo può capire…

quindi…

venite in italia!

La cosa triste sta nel fatto che intanto, al solito, ci stanno colonizzando loro… con i McDonald’s e Burger King, ormai onnipresenti. Mi aspetto di veder arrivare (se non ci sono già nelle grandi città, non lo so) anche i Kentuky Fried e Pizza Hut… Da bravo toscano, inorridisco…

I live near Rimini, in Romagna (Rimini Forlì Cesena and Ravenna (a little :wink: ) and here there are a lot of “good food”:
Piadina Romagnola (with Ham, salame, rucola and stracchino or mortadella)
Lasagne
Cappelletti
Strozzapreti pasticciati
Passatelli
Pasta e fagioli

Food that are famous in all Italy are Pizza (my favourite food), la fiorentina ( :smiley:/ ) and much more…

Mi sa che noi appassionati di astronautica siamo tutti delle “buone forchette” :grinning:

Mi sa che noi appassionati di astronautica siamo tutti delle "buone forchette" :grinning:

Puoi dirlo forte, fratello!! :smiley: (could you say loud, brother!!)

Uhmmm but … I remember a tipical food called “Crescione” or “Cassone”. It’s a kind of folded Piadina in which you can put all you want … Sure! Also a tons of “Nutella” :wink:

It’s all correct ArTaX? :wink:

Uhmmm but ... I remember a tipical food called "Crescione" or "Cassone". It's a kind of folded Piadina in which you can put all you want ... Sure! Also a tons of "Nutella" :wink:

It’s all correct ArTaX? :wink:

It’s completely correct!!! There are three name (that i know) that we use to call that (the name depends from zone in Romagna)
Cassone
Crescione
Cascione

Nutella in Cassone it’s a new thing for me, but Nutella + Piadina it’s a GOOOOD FOOD :grinning:
In cassone we put (normally) tomato and mozzarella (not like in pizza) or rosole (typical food of the peasant tradition)

Assimilate those:
-Trippa (and lampredotto) with tuscan ragù sauce*
-Homemade ravioli with tuscan ragù sauce
-Amazing ‘ossobuco’ with flour
-‘Ribollita’
-Chianina’s Beef-steak (americans bought some chianina’s cows (born in val di chiana, arezzo) in the 80s, to have a better taste cow production)

*tuscan ragù sauce: a typical italian ragù with a little of pork and a lot of cow

Rileggo quanto scritto stanotte… era meglio se andavo a dormire prima :smiley: Sembro Totò a Milano ! :grinning:

1 Mi Piace
La cosa triste sta nel fatto che intanto, al solito, ci stanno colonizzando loro... con i McDonald's e Burger King, ormai onnipresenti. Mi aspetto di veder arrivare (se non ci sono già nelle grandi città, non lo so) anche i Kentuky Fried e Pizza Hut... Da bravo toscano, inorridisco...

Ma secondo te un bel paninazzo con formaggio,sottaceti,pomodori secchi,“muratore’s style”,o più semplicemente una michetta con prosciutto o salame,non sarebbe un “fast food” migliore di un cheesburger? Aridatecce le vecchie botteghe di “generi alimentari”,altro che McDonald’s.

A proposito di paninazzi … io sono venuto su a suon di pane,burro, zucchero e marmellata … una “botta” di enegia per noi piccoli fanciulli esagitati … 8)

Do you know our “BRODETTO” ??
I live in the east coast of central Italy, where fresh fish is ever available…

1 Mi Piace

Hey guys, have you ever tried a full scottish breakfast??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Mi Piace