Progetto ARIES e "Moonlight scenario" Add-On for orbiter project

The purpose of this forum and this topic is to discuss, hopefully aprrove, and implement this great idea into the Orbiter Space Flight Sim.

Orbiter Add-Ons develop in this fashion. Planning, Modeling, Scripting (Programming) and documentation.

So right now we are in the planning stage.

Before we get this idea into orbiter we need to discuss how the community wants the idea to be implemented. How detailed and realistic do we want it to be? and many many other aspects.

Hi Zachstar!
Wellcome onboard! :smiley:
I know some of our users have downloaded Orbiter and tried to play with this simulator.

That said, I don’t know if we kave the know how to code an add on.
Do you have any link to documentation that explains how to realize an add-on for Orbiter? This will be for sure a starting point.
Have you ever attempted to code one?

I’m pretty sure that Moonlight working group will be enthusiast in giving us all the support and information needed to transform some sketch on drowing board into a real Orbiter scenario.

Let’s wait archipeppe (archipeppe is Giuseppe’s nickname on this board). Tomorrow morning (Italian time) he will be in his office and will read and reply this post for sure. :wink:

Thanks again!!!

Lots of info can be obtained in the orbiter SDK and the SDK forum http://orbit.m6.net/Forum/default.aspx?g=topics&f=8

Ok! Thanks a lot!
I think now archipeppe is asleep (maybe not :wink:) but tomorrow morning we’ll discuss if some sw expert within MARS could evaluate to code this add-on as a free, clever way to expad the knowledge of Moonlight scenario worldwide :smiley:

In any case, direct support of MARS and AAS design team will be needed in order to develop 3D models of ARIES, LIRA and EAGLE.

Really cool idea!!!

I’ve always been amazed by Orbiter Sim but I never used it. So I really appreciate your kind effort to produce a specific add-on of Moonlight scenario for Orbiter and, of cours, I will support it as best I can… :wink:

Ho letto questo post,ed ho visto i progetti di Archipeppe(fantastici) ed essendo io modestamente :grin: un add-on developer di Orbiter mi piacerebbe provare a creare qualche suo progetto,naturalmento con il consenso dell’autore ed in team con altri sviluppatori italiani del simulatore.

Saluti :beer:

Marco, nei limiti miei e appena finito ciò che sai puoi contare su di me. :ok_hand: :wink:

Consenso accordato, non vedo l’ora di poter gustare il prodotto finito (pur non essendo un utilizzatore di Orbiter)… :wink:

Bene!!!
Allora appena siamo tutti pronti faremo un briefing su Orbiter Italia :ok_hand:

Qualcosina era gia’ stata avviata qui http://www.forumastronautico.it/index.php?topic=1997.0

Ho letto ed ho provato a scaricare i file ma mi dà errore e non me li fà aprire…strano :disappointed:

Temo possano essere rimasti vittima dei problemi che molti allegati hanno avuto nell’ultimo cambio di provider.
Chiederei con cortesia a Buran se potesse essere così cortese da intervenire in modifica sul suo vecchio post, eliminando gli allegati attuali e caricandoli poi nuovamente.

Giuro che al progetto Aries di archipeppe ci avevo pensato anche io. Sono da pochi mesi anche io un addon developer per il magnifico simulatore Orbiter e, con il team di Orbiter Italia, abbiamo realizzato quest’anno già diverse cosette interessanti!
Stiamo lavorando con Vittorio e Marcogavazzeni a un addon un pochino impegnativo, ma appena finito, se come prossimo passo si decidesse di lavorare su Aries, sarebbe fantastico!

…dovrei avere un backup a casa… appena lo trovo riposto

Grazie in anticipo Stefano… :wink:

Bene…da stasera comincia la realizzazione del progetto di archipeppe sul Forum Orbiter Italia,che mi piacerebbe che passasse ogni tanto a controllare lo stato dei lavori :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ed eventuali consigli o correzzioni tecniche :facepunch:

http://orbiteritalia.forumotion.com/t1009-progetto-aries-e-moonlight-scenario#16094

Terrò d’occhio i lavori con molto interesse e partecipazione.

Grazie di cuore…

Ho ripreso il progettino di Archipeppe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bella idea! Buon divertimento!